Working in either branch of the Mississippi Mills Public Library on an “as required,” casual basis and under the direction of the CEO/Chief Librarian, is responsible for providing public library services including circulation and public service duties, reader’s advisory and reference support.
- Work at the service desk (below)
- Provide reference and reader’s advisory services to the public
- Process in-coming books, magazines and audiovisual materials
- Process in-coming interloan materials
- Train and give directions to students
- Other duties as assigned
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (grade 12)
- A post-secondary diploma of two years or equivalent, Library and Information Technician would be an asset; well-rounded knowledge and a wide range of interests.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a library setting
- Experience in an office environment.
- Computer experience and knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Office, social media tools, internet
- Excellent communication and public relations skills, tact, resourcefulness, ability to multitask, flexibility and the ability to perform under stress.
Interested candidates are invited to submit in confidence, a resume outlining their qualifications to the undersigned no later than 12 o’clock noon on Friday, September 13, 2019. We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Christine Row, CEO/Chief Librarian
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.