Love the Library? Join the Board!
Are you a strong supporter of the Library? Excited and passionate about what the Library contributes to Mississippi Mills? The Library is now seeking passionate community members who are interested in applying for the next session of the Library Board.
Why join the Library Board?
This is your opportunity to:
– develop and promote what our Library can do for our community;
– promote a positive relationship between the Library Board and Council;
– represent the different interests, concerns, and attitudes of Mississippi Mills residents.
What skills can you bring?
Each Board Member brings a unique perspective and set of skills such as,
• finance or budgeting,
• strategic planning,
• oversight of capital projects,
• a passion for libraries and what they can achieve.
How to Apply:
Applications can be picked-up at the circulation desk or downloaded from the Library’s website here. The application deadline will follow the municipal election and will be advertised in the local paper in November 2018.
The Public Library Act requires that you be:
• at least 18 years old;
• a Canadian citizen;
• a resident of the Municipality;
• not employed by your library board or your Municipality.
We welcome your interest and encourage you to explore the many resources the Library has to offer. For more information, please contact Christine at 613-256-1037.